The Assessment Section has scheduled the Accessibility and Accommodations virtual training and office hour for special education educators and other staff who serve on the school IEP/504 Plan teams. Participants will learn about:
- the appropriate use of state test accommodations pursuant to the IDEA;
- the availability of accessibility supports and resources for statewide assessments;
- updates on policies regarding accessibility supports and accommodations for state testing;
- instructions on documenting designated supports and accommodations specified in student IEP and 504 Plans in the electronic Comprehensive Student Support System and TIDE; and
- how to submit state test accommodation verification requests to the Assessment Section.
To attend the 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. training on Tuesday, August 29, 2023, refer to this Webex information document. A recording of the training will be posted on on the Accessibility and Accommodations Training Webinars: Fall 2023 resource page soon after the training. The 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. office hour on Thursday, September 21, 2023, will be held to answer questions about accessibility and accommodations for state assessments. No pre-registration for the virtual training or the office hour will be required.